With this page we hope to help you with questions you may have regarding the coronavirus.
Special cancellation policy for new bookings
With a number of our houses we have been able to agree on a generous cancellation policy with our landlords for all bookings made for 2021 and 2022. This means that in case of a negative travel advice or a lockdown in Ibiza, you will get a full refund (minus service costs a 10% of the total amount) when you would cancel your trip due to these circumstances.
The specific conditions are as follows:
- This cancellation policy applies to all houses that have specifically stated on their page: “Book with confidence. Our special cancellation policies.”.
- This cancellation policy is valid for all bookings made from October 10th, 2020 with an arrival date between January 1st and November 30th, 2022 This policy is not valid for last minute bookings (less than 6 weeks prior to arrival)
- You can claim a rebooking or full refund (minus service costs) if you need to cancel your booking based on the following conditions:
- A Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advise against all non-essential travel to the Balearic Islands if you live in Great Britain, or a similar advice from your country of origin.
- A mandatory quarantine for travelers arriving to Ibiza or for travelers returning from Ibiza
- A full lockdown in Ibiza
- The booking can only be rebooked or canceled within this special Covid19 cancellation policy between 7 and 6 weeks prior to you arrival if one of the above restrictions would apply at that time. You might be able to cancel your booking at a later stage (to see if the circumstances would improve), but only after consultation and approval of the landlord.
- If one of the above restrictions would become active (changes) within the 6 weeks leading up to your holiday, you may of course rebook or cancel the booking with the right to a refund at that time, with a delay of 5 days after this policy change. We will of course inform you when this would occur.
- If “Type 2” is stated, an owner only wants to refund when there is a travel ban, from the UK (or any other country you come from) or imposed by the Spanish government.
- If there is nothing mentioned at the house, please ask us for the specific conditions.
- A rebooking only applies to the same house and can’t be used for another villa.
Our normal cancellation policy applies to all homes without this special Covid19 cancellation policy. In some cases, owners are willing to accept other forms of compensation (a rebooking to a later date, for example). Please contact us to see if any other cancellation agreements can be made regarding Covid19 with houses that are not offered within this refund scheme.
Guests have to cover the costs of extra cleaning in case of a positive case during your stay.
I would like to book a house with you, but can I be insured against the coronavirus?
Unfortunately, you can not insure your holiday with us and neither with most insurers against the coronavirus. However there might be insurance companies that have this type of coverage. Please consult your local (travel) insurance company and ask for their advice.
Bookings made without special arrangements: Can I cancel or rebook my trip due to the coronavirus?
If you wish to cancel your booking, you can do so according to our cancellation policy. You can find this via this link. We do not have a special arrangement with regards to cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances such as the coronavirus and / or a negative travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Unfortunately, most insurers do not reimburse your trip if there is a negative travel advice, but you should check this with your insurance company.
Of course we will do our best to get a better deal for you then described above. But this depends on the willingness of the landlord to cooperate in this matter.
During the lockdown period we have helped many customers to rebook their holiday to a later date. From the 1st of July onwards Spain has lifted all travel bans, and it will be possible to visit Ibiza again without restrictions.
Covid 19 instructions for check in and check out
Because of the coronavirus, there are a number of things that we and you need to take into account during your stay and during check-in and check-out.
- These new rules have been drawn up by the Spanish government.
- Earlier check-in is unfortunately not possible this year due to more extensive cleaning.
- Please keep a distance of 2 meters from the person you check in.
- Your temperature can be measured during check-in.
- Mask is required during check-in
- Before entering the house, your hands should be cleaned with disinfection gel.
During your stay:
- If you have booked a house with interim cleaning, this cleaning may only take place if you are not in the house or on the grounds. Please make arrangements with your house manager.
- If there is an incident that requires someone to come by (repairman or house manager) then 2 meters distance and a mouth mask is required.
- At the agreed check-out time you need to be off the premises. Exceptions are unfortunately not possible this year due to more extensive cleaning.
- Please keep 2 meters distance from the person you check out.
- Mask is required during check-out.
- Please do not leave garbage bags and take them away yourself.
- When leaving the house, please leave windows and ventilation open as much as possible.
- We ask you to collect dirty towels, etc. and preferably already put them in a bag.
- Should you have any symptoms such as: Fever, dry cough and/or fatigue please contact us: +3490040061 / +34900101863
Do you have any other questions?
Please contact us by telephone or email. We do our utmost best to assist you.
We hope that all will be well the coming months, so we can welcome you on Ibiza this summer!